Claim Response Letter
Dear Sir or Madam:
E.R. Snell Contractor, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) is in receipt of your claim for damage. Please be advised that the Company investigates all claims for damage and considers or addresses only those which arise out of negligence or misconduct on the part of the Company based on the information provided. This letter sets out basic information for your review as well as information you are required to submit in order for your claim to be properly processed. If the Company does not receive all the information requested within sixty (60) days from the date of this letter, the claim will be closed for lack of response.
Pursuant to the contract between GDOT and the Company, specifically Specification 107.13.A, the Company is only responsible for damage or injury to property that occurs during the performance of the work required under the contract that is a result from any act, omission, neglect or misconduct by the Company. Also pursuant to the contract, the Company has the right to request information to insure the damage for which compensation is being sought occurred as a result of the Company’s act, omission, neglect or misconduct in its manner or method of executing the work required.
The most rapid method of receiving compensation for claimed damages is to refer this claim to your insurance carrier. Your insurance carrier can settle any claim and then subrogate the cost to responsible parties who may be identified from an investigation by your insurance carrier.
You may expedite submission and consideration of your claim by accessing an electronic version of the Work Zone Report at www.ersnell.com. Click on the “Contact Us” tab in the upper right hand corner of the web page and scroll down to “Incident Report.” You may email digital color photos, required claim documents (see list below) and the completed Work Zone Report to email@example.com. If you do not have access to a computer or email, you can mail the required documents and photographs to E.R. Snell Contractor, Inc., ATTN: Claims Department, Post Office Box 306, Snellville, Georgia 30078. All requested information MUST be submitted before your claim can be processed.
Required Claim Documents
If the alleged damage is to a MOTOR VEHICLE, please send the following information:
- Copy of Proof of Ownership (E.g. Registration);
- Color photographs of area damaged on vehicle;
- Color photographs of all four (4) sides of the vehicle, including the tag area;
- Color photographs of the location the alleged incident occurred;
- Map indicating exact location where the alleged incident occurred (please indicate which lane and direction of travel with distance to nearest intersection or mile marker);
- Copy of two (2) estimates for repair OR paid repair invoices;
- Color photographs of all damaged parts replaced; and
- Copy of police or incident report from local or area law enforcement
If the alleged damage is to a BUILDING OR PROPERTY, please send the following information:
- Copy of Proof of Ownership (E.g. deed or property tax record);
- Color photographs of area damaged;
- Copy of property plat or survey map indicating exact location where alleged damage occurred; and
- Copy of two (2) estimate for repair; and
- If the alleged damage is due to vibration or ground movement, please send the following:
- Structural analysis of the building by a certified professional structural engineer; and
- Seismic analysis of the source of the vibration and/or ground movement.
Please be advised that in the State of Georgia, any person who knowingly makes any claim for the proceeds of any insurance policy with the intent to defraud or deceive any insurer with any false, incomplete, or misleading information is guilty of insurance fraud which is a felony offense punishable by up to a $10,000.00 fine and ten (10) years imprisonment or both. (See O.C.G.A. §33-1-9)