Safety/ Loss Prevention Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Visit project sites and prepare reports, to ensure compliance with health and safety requirements.
- Motivate employees to maintain high levels of participation.
- Conduct a formal investigation on all work related incidents
- Work closely with Project Owners, PM’s, Superintendents, and sub-contractors to ensure implementation of safety policies
- Develop and provide technical and administrative direction on all safety and health policies and programs.
- Educate and train employees on health and safety related issues.
- Conduct safety training and orientations to ensure proper education and knowledge is provided to our employees.
- Coordinate with the Human Resources Manager regarding all Workers Compensation issues and claims. Accident investigation.
- Conduct Safety Orientations for all employees on the project.
- Review all accidents that occur on the project site – follow up the review with analysis of accident causes, how to prevent such accidents. As well as recommending disciplinary actions necessary.
- Order non-standard or specialized safety equipment needed on the project.
- Identify hazards/potential hazards on the project and work with the Safety Director and other individuals to eliminate hazards/potential hazards.
- Other safety-related duties as may be assigned by the project manager.
- 3+ years’ experience
- College degree preferred.
- OSHA 30 hour construction certification or greater.
- Emergency Management Training
- First Aid – CPR & AED
- Safety Certification
- Perform onsite project inspections
- Assess site training requirements ie: Fire Safety, Workplace Safety, Environmental compliance
- Verify corrective measures are completed within a designated time frame
- Must work well independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook.
- Fluent in Spanish a plus.
- Good MVR.
Physical & Mental Demands:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent standing and walking required throughout a work shift
- Must be able to work at heights up to 70 feet.
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel and crawl occasionally.
- May work some nights and weekends.
Women are encouraged to apply.
E.R. Snell Contractor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.