Heavy Equipment Operator – Shuttle Buggy
E.R. Snell Contractor has an opening for an experienced Shuttle Buggy Operator in the Atlanta metro area. The employee should have knowledge of operating the buggy and be able to transfer materials to the asphalt paver, working with a dump man and asphalt truck driver. The shuttle buggy operator should be able to do the following.
- Follow safe operation of buggy.
- Determine the placement of materials correctly.
- Maintain buggy (check lubrication), keep equipment clean, perform a safe pre-start including fluid level checks on oil, water, and fuel daily.
- Maintain equipment and keep it in proper and safe working order.
- Notify supervisor if equipment needs to be repaired.
- Perform visual safety inspection for leaks and damage to machine before operation.
- Place material in front of paver.
- Set flow.
- Operate equipment holding a straight line.
- Keep equipment clean.
- Set proper buggy speed to match truck delivery.
- Understand segregation and how to prevent it due to operation of the machine.
- Have a general knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems of the machine.
- Be able to work in a team environment safely.
The above listed duties require periods of standing, walking, climbing, stooping, and bending as well as periodic lifting of 10 to 50 pounds.