No prior experience needed.
Reports to: Crew Foreman
Wage: Depends on level of experience
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in heavy/highway construction projects;
- Shovel concrete or asphalt into construction areas.
- Assist in concrete pours.
- Excavate and fill trenches and ditches.
- Maintain a clean job site – pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site(s) each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Perform materials handling and storage.
- Load/unloads trucks and haul materials.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- The above listed duties require periods of standing, walking, climbing, stooping, and bending as well as periodic lifting of up to 50 pounds.